To provide athletes and people in the workforce alike with the best pain relief solutions for a better today. You bring the talent. We bring the relief.
Created in 1992, ProBand® Sports Industries, Inc., took off on its mission to help provide functional pain relief and prevent Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSIs) associated with the Forearm, Knee, and Ankle, to athletes and people in the workforce alike. ProBand strives to make people pain free, keeping them in motion while our products work with their body to help it heal. These unique medically based devices enable people to efficiently and effectively treat themselves.
Our products are revolutionary in design and are considered by industry leaders as superior aides to previously existing therapeutic bands or guards. They are designed to help you heal, alleviate your pain, and avoid surgery commonly associated with many repetitive stress injuries, including, but not limited to, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, Tendonitis, Tennis Elbow, Runners Knee, Chronic Ankle Sprains and Arthritis. Each of our products works with your body to help it heal itself by utilizing ProBand’s Anatomically Focused Dynamic Compression®. The ProBand collection of products addresses your ailment at the source, providing functional relief and keeping you in motion while our products work with your body to help it heal.
MEET DR. DONALD FAREED
Dr. Donald Fareed is a world renowned sports orthopedic surgeon located in Santa Barbara, California. He was in practice for over 50 years. Dr. Fareed’s clinic has treated patients from all over the world and have included business leaders, authors, scientists, athletes, professional, collegiate and amateur alike, and world champions.
His practice and surgical philosophy is based on pinpointing problems at the source, understanding and the resolution of musculoskeletal problems in the gentlest manner possible, restoring functional relief to individuals and keeping them at the top of their game.
“Observations while at UCLA Medical School, Duke University, US Army, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Gorgas Hospital and many years in clinical practice of orthopedic surgery formed the basis of looking at many clinical syndromes such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from a new perspective, a systems approach. Instead of a traditional structural approach, the systems approach requires the surgeon listen to the patient and figure out the source of symptoms. Alleviating the problem at its source allows and facilitates a more harmonious resolution of the downstream symptoms and findings.”
The structural approach encourages immobilizing, icing, physical therapy, nerve studies and surgery. Our products are the direct result of Dr. Donald Fareed’s systems approach, keeping people in motion while our products work with their bodies to help it heal.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Donald Fareed, M.D., an internationally known practicing orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist, developed the BandIT®, KneedIT®, and Ankle BandIT® based on over 25 years of clinical and surgical observations and treatment of patients with Repetitive Stress Injuries, Tendonitis, Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Osgood-Schlatters, Runners Knee—Chondromalacia, Jumpers Knee, Acute and Chronic Ankle Sprains, and other musculoskeletal ailments.
- B.A. – University of California, Berkeley
- M.D. – U.C.L.A. School of Medicine
- Blalock Surgical Research Fellowship
- Bone Mineral Metabolism, Osteoporosis
- Swift Transplantation Fellowship
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C., General Surgery
- U.S. Army
- Medical Field Services, Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Surgeon for the U.S. Embassy Military Medical Assistance Team, South America
- Disaster Relief Team, South America
- Orthopedic Residency, Department of Defense, Gorgas Hospital, Canal Zone, Panama; Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- U.C.L.A. School of Medicine; Prosthetics and Orthopedics Program
- Armed forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, D.C.; Orthopedic Pathology
- Board Certified Diplomat American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Consultant to Davis Cup Members
- Orthopedic Consultant & Physician Los Angeles Open Tennis Tournament
- Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Specializing in Shoulder, Elbow and Knee; Santa Barbara, CA
- Current Active Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Shoulder, Elbow & Knee, Santa Barbara, California
- Former Chairman, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, CA
- Former Chairman, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, St. Francis Medical Center of Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
- Former President Elect, Los Padres Chapter of the Western Orthopedic Association
- Active Staff, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
- Cottage Hospital Research Committee